May 27, 2007

Squaw Peak Hike

So, yesterday Stacey and I decided we would hike up Squaw peak, the large rock protuberance that is directly north of Rock Canyon, here in Provo. We invited some friends, Jeff, Michelle, and Lydia, to come with us, and we did it.
We started on our trek at about 9:15 in the morning. I had talked to a couple other people who had made the venture in a little over 2 hours, so, I decided that factoring in our physical condition and general lack of speed, we would double that, and take 4 hours. We were off. In general, the trip was pleasant(as proved by the picture of Stacey, to the left, of Stacey enjoying a drink), but it took us a bit longer than we expected, due in part to some equipment malfunction, insurrection among the porters, and other, general problems. However, we got to the top, and had some wonderful egg salad sandwiches (see the picture of Stacey to the right, enjoying her meal at the top). It was a wonderful view, and we got some great pictures, which we will post more of when they become available. The way back down was much more enjoyable. We made good time, and were down in about an hour and a half. In short, we had a good time. Stacey did an especially good job—hiking the whole 8 miles and 2700 vertical feet like a champ. I want her in my wagon train when we head back to Zion. The end. Pictures of both Stacey and I together are forthcoming. Here below is a picture of the top. The highest, pointiest rock you can see is what we were on top of.

2 comments:

Myrna said...

The pictures look cool when blown up. It looks like a fun hike. This is the first time I have ever blogged.

Dad

Jeff said...

Congratulations.