Jun 14, 2013

9 months!


Sarah crossed the 9 month mark on May 17th. In this last month since then she has worked on clapping, sitting up for longer and longer periods of time, waving, eating all sorts of good things, and doing the "so big!" arms above her head.  If she is well-rested and fed she is such a fun, easy-going baby. I sometimes have to tell her she should cry a little harder to let me know she needs a diaper change - sometimes she doesn't really let me know that it is unpleasant for her!

Yesterday Rebecca was sad about something and I was holding Sarah after I changed her. I told Rebecca that Sarah helps me to be happy and I put Sarah right in front of Rebecca and held her there until Rebecca was giggling and smiling again. Jacob loves helping Sarah practice saying "dadadada" and he uses a really high-pitched voice to talk to her. Sometimes I tell him to bring it down a level/octave but most of the time it is pretty cute.  We really love having Sarah around and I am thinking they wrote "The Happiest Baby on the Block" about her just a few years before she was born.

Her little tiger is missing from these pictures. I knew I had seen it somewhere just that day but could not locate it. Well that place was my nightstand - I found it as soon as I went to go to bed that night. I never got around to retaking any pictures so we'll never know how she compared to the toy at 9 months...stay tuned for 10 months in just a few short days :)



No comments: