Jun 15, 2013

Graduation!


After a lot of hard work over the last 5 years, Jeff graduated with his Ph.D. in Accounting. Graduation was the first weekend in May and we were grateful that Jeff's mom and my parents could come celebrate. 

Here are the two slides about Jeff from the slideshow we saw during the luncheon honoring the Ross Business School  Ph.D. graduates.

All the students had a little blurb about them written by their advisers. I thought Jeff's was one of the best up there. (And yes, it's true about the apple, of course!)

At the luncheon

Outside Hill Auditorium before the Convocation for MBAs & PhDs.  As soon as I heard "Pomp and Circumstance" I started crying just thinking about how much of a labor of love this has been for Jeff. He really loves what he does, and works really hard at everything, and I love that about him. 


Jeff told my parents he wanted a bubble machine for his graduation present. He told me he had told them that and he said something like, "I think my trick worked!  The kids will have a nice bubble machine!"  I love this picture - the bubble machine is great but the smiles are so fun.

Sunday morning of that weekend we had Stake Conference which meant church was 1 hour later than usual for us. We  got ready and headed over to the business school to take pictures with the family.




Everyone had a turn to wear Dad's hat! Well, except Mom. But I'd worn my own before :)  

From his first day of classes at U-M...
...to now!

Dissertation is all defended, boxes have been moved from Jeff's office here in Ann Arbor to his new office at Ohio State's Fisher School of Business and are feeling a little more ready for the next phase of life.  

1 comment:

Katie Houston said...

Congratulations to Jeff and your whole family! He's not the only one who performed a labor of love, my dear! You were the faithful wife who cooked meals, made sure he could get his homework done, etc. That degree is yours too! You look beautiful by the way. So happy for you both!