| why all the boxes in the background, you ask? we moved in May. |
About a month ago Rebecca started putting more and more words together and it has been very fun to hear what she has to say. I thought I'd write just a few of her words down, some with translation. Jeff & I have spent many a prayer asking Heavenly Father to help her and help us help her learn how to talk better - isn't it wonderful that prayers can be answered?
- libaryaryary - library (She even said this as we drove by the building the other day on our way to storytime.)
- diosaurs - dinosaurs
- milko - milk
- noonies - noodles
- broccoli
- "Milko, heady!" - said as she handed me an almost-full gallon that she got out of the fridge
- Daddy...work! - if Jeff leaves before she gets up this is what she says to me in the morning. She is usually shaking her head. I don't know if that is her way of asking if he is not at work yet or of wishing that he was still home. A hopeful head shaking. :)
- airplayed - airplane
- dollies
- bear
- bed
- couch
- book
- Becca
- Brother
- she can say many of our friends' names and likes pointing out their toys/houses/cars and parents
- floor
- bus
- bike - the other day she wanted to ride Jacob's bike and so I helped her sit on it while I pushed her. She kept saying "Becca ride brother's bicycles!"
- toast pop!
- play dough
- read
- seat
- shower
- bath
- she loves singing "Happy Birthday"
- butters - peanut butter
- Holdgie Becca - "pick me up"
- herey-go Mommy
- she talks about how we went to "Brampa's House" or "Gooey's House" sometimes (as in Grandma Gooey in the CandyLand game, but it really means Grandma McKoy)
- Saturday night last week I asked her if she was excited to go to her nursery class. She said, "Becca, class. Brother - BEAMS." That would be Sunbeams. :)
- She ends prayers very enthusiastically: AAA-MEN!
- She will say prayers with help and she usually repeats as follows (her words in parentheses): "Dear (Dear) Heavenly (Heavdya) Father (Daddy)..."
We sure love Rebecca and we're so proud of all the things she is learning and doing every day, such as canoeing on the Little Miami in Ohio:
| current favorite picture of her |
2 comments:
Becca is so darling! I love the picture of her in the canoe! I'm glad that she is learning to speak so well. So many of us take these things that seem so small for granted. Ryan ended up needing speech therapy and it was so frustrating that it was so difficult for him. It about broke my heart to see him struggle with something that I couldn't just make better like a skinned knee. Now the stinker corrects everyone else! We will keep her in our prayers too.
I sure miss and love Rebecca, give her a big hug from me today. What a great picture on the canoe! Lots of love, Grandpa Mckoy
Post a Comment