Jul 7, 2011

Need good ideas for read-aloud books?

I guess if I had a twitter account I would post/retweet this on there, but I just saw on PW's homeschooling site this great Community Question from one of her readers, Leah and thought I would do a blog post about it here in case any of our 2 readers was in the same predicament:

“I have a question about the read aloud time. I have two sons, ages 2 and 4, and I’d love to start a read aloud book at night, beyond our normal readings of Go Dog Go and the likes.
I’m ready to incorporate longer stories that spark their little imaginations as part of our nightly routine. Any suggestions for read aloud books for younger children? I think that my 4 year old, especially, is ready for more interesting stories, but I don’t know where to start.”


Check out the post's comments for fabulous ideas about books to read to your kids if you are in need of some new titles for summertime for your young kids!  I saw some great chapter books recommended that we've either read to our kids or loved on our own (Shel Silverstein, Roald Dahl books, Winnie the Pooh, E.B. White) as well as picture books that are great for reading aloud (The Napping House and many more!).

No comments: