Sep 21, 2010
Lawyers in the Mist
So, I am sitting in on a corporate tax law class at the law school. It has been interesting to sit amongst the lawyers, and observe them (maybe one day I shall write a book, “Lawyers in the Mist”). Today, a fire alarm went off at the law school. The professor looked around, and asked what the students usually do during a fire alarm, and some students had some comments. He told us to hold on, while he figured out what was going on. He walked out the door, and came back without an answer of what to do. We dithered for another minute or so, with students talking back and forth, and the professor not knowing what to do. Then, he said, “Well, I guess when the fire alarm rings, the “reasonable man” would leave the building.” So we left. As we left, he noted that if this happened at a law firm, he suggested just closing your door and continuing to work. It was amazing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Lawyers are used to hot air, so I don't think a little fire would be much of a problem.
Post a Comment