So, last Saturday, Jacob and I rode in the
Tour de Droit. It is basically a ride, about 30 miles, through Detroit. It starts at the old train depot, and just wanders through the city. About 3,200 people do it. It was amazing. Jacob was a champ for the whole several hours it took, and we had a great time. It was definitely a ride, with a police escort, all roads were closed down, and everyone took their time. I think we averaged between 10 and 12 miles an hour. The vast majority of people were on regular mountain bikes with nubby tires. It was a pretty gentle ride. I would encourage anyone in the metro Detroit area to do it next year, as I plan on doing it.
 |
| Here is Jacob, getting ready for the ride. |
 |
| Here is Jacob on the bike in front of the train depot, ready to get started. |
 |
| Here we are, in the middle of downtown Detroit, riding. |
 |
| The ride went on to, around, and off of Belle Isle. It was a very pleasant place. Here is Jacob, leaning, pondering the skyline. |
 |
| Jacob and I on the island. Note, it was a bit cold. |
 |
| We passed several union related buildings. This was the only one I stopped for. |
 |
| This is part of the Heidelberg Project, where a guy does crazy things to houses. They were pretty neat. |
 |
| You cant see them so well, but, these are more arty type houses. |
 |
| Here we are at the end of the ride. Still happy. | | | |
And finally, two videos I shot of the event:
No comments:
Post a Comment