I made this a couple weeks ago when it was scheduled to be made, and thought it was great! I shared it at our first presidency meeting for my new calling as Relief Society secretary. Many thanks to
Sabrina for her perfect fall pick. I was so glad I still had cranberries in the freezer from last year's post-Thanksgiving cranberry blowout sale at Aldi where I got 4 or 5 bags for a dollar. Sweet (or tart?) deal!
 |
| I used peach jam that didn't quite set up (peach sauce?) instead of currant jelly for the glaze on top and it was a nice mix of summer-fall flavors. |
I decided to cut back a bit on TWD. I will still be involved, just doing maybe baking 2 weeks each month as opposed to all 4. I do want to make the Tarte Fine that was for this week and will probably post that when it's baked. It sounds too good to skip over!
Here are October's recipe titles and page numbers:
October 5, 2010-
Double Apple Bundt Cake on pages 184 and 185.
October 12, 2010-
Fold-Over Pear Torte on pages 348 and 349
October 19, 2010-
Caramel Pumpkin Pie on pages 322 and 323.
October 26, 2010-
All-American, All-Delicious Apple Pie on pages 300-302.
Which ones should I do?! I think I'll do the apple tarte fine this coming week to make up for skipping it this week and then I'll make the pear torte and pumpkin pie and sit that last week of October out.
No comments:
Post a Comment