This was excellent ice cream! I was a little skeptical as I was cooking it up just because burnt sugar doesn't
smell very good, but just take my word for it that this is pretty good stuff and go visit Becky's blog
Project Domestication for the recipe. Great pick! I had mine with some strawberries in it, but agree that Dorie's suggestions in the cookbook for shortbread or sugar cookies would also be a great accompaniment. Visit the TWD site through the button in my sidebar to see what others thought of their treat this week!
I had told Jeff that someone else called it the "nectar of the gods" and so later he jokingly said "This is like MANNA!" when he tried a bite. Jacob had a tiny bit and declared that it was "too cold for Rebecca." She's so lucky to have him looking out for her (or it's too bad he's eating her share of the ice cream, it all depends on how you look at it...)! Happy baking!
18 comments:
It didn't smell very good? okay.. maybe I didn't notice that. Anyway, the texture of the ice cream just made up for everything at the end of the day right?
Your ice cream looks delicious! It probably goes great with strawberries.
I definitely like the idea of strawberries on the side. Should have tried that.
Looks creamy and wonderful, and the strawberries were a yummy addition.
SiHaN,
The texture was great. I just don't really like the smell of burnt things but I was glad that once everything else got added to the sugar it didn't taste too bitter or burned. :)
This looks fantastic with the strawberries! I agree it doesn't smell very good when you're making it but the finished product is yummy.
Your ice cream looks delicious with the strawberries! It's funny you should mention the smell - I didn't really notice but my 8 year old son was having a fit about me "stinking up" up the kitchen!
Your ice cream is the perfect color and texture- it looks SO yummy!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I did go to BYU (takes one to spot one I guess, right?) I'm looking forward to more of your posts!
It looks creamy, delicious and a perfect early-may treat! Awesome job.
Beautiful dessert.
mmm...berries would be perfect with this yummy ice cream!
Your ice cream looks wonderful, and the strawberries are a great addition. I think I'll try that with the rest of mine:)
I need to use the "it's too cold" trick! :)
Looks yummy. I will make it soon.
I bet the strawberries were good. I've got some in the fridge, but never thought of it. I'm glad we've still got a little of the ice cream left in the freezer. :) Thanks for the idea!
What could be better than strawberries and ice cream? Especially caramel ice cream? Yours look wonderfully delicious!
I bet the ice cream was delicious with strawberries, I wish I'd thought of that! :-)
the color of yours turned out perfectly! thanks so much for making this recipe with me this week!
i absolutely adored the flavor!
Post a Comment