Last night as we ate dinner, a sparrow came to our window to eat out of our bird feeder. Jacob had recently learned the word sparrow, and so I encouraged him to tell his mother what kind of bird was at the window. He obliged to my request. Stacey then asked Jacob if he knew that Jesus had talked about sparrows in the Bible. She paraphrased Luke 12:6-7, "Are not five sparrows sold for two farthing, and not one of them is forgotten before God? But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows." Stacey then went on to teach our two and a half old that Heavenly Father knows each of us, loves us, and is watching out for us.
Two points:
1. I am so thankful for a wife who knows these truths and is so ready and able to teach them to our children.
2. I am so thankful for a God who really does know each and every one of us, loves us, and wants us to be happy.
May 17, 2010
Sparrows
Last night as we ate dinner, a sparrow came to our window to eat out of our bird feeder. Jacob had recently learned the word sparrow, and so I encouraged him to tell his mother what kind of bird was at the window. He obliged to my request. Stacey then asked Jacob if he knew that Jesus had talked about sparrows in the Bible. She paraphrased Luke 12:6-7, "Are not five sparrows sold for two farthing, and not one of them is forgotten before God? But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows." Stacey then went on to teach our two and a half old that Heavenly Father knows each of us, loves us, and is watching out for us.
Two points:
1. I am so thankful for a wife who knows these truths and is so ready and able to teach them to our children.
2. I am so thankful for a God who really does know each and every one of us, loves us, and wants us to be happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Very sweet! Also, I am impressed that Jacob could identify a sparrow...
Thanks for the great reminder Jeff. It is great to know that our Heavenly Father knows each of us and loves us and is mindful of us each day. Thanks for the great thought today. Jacob would love to see the birds building a nest in our hanging flower pot on the front porch, I think they are sparrows also!!
How sweet!! I love you, Stace!
Post a Comment