May 21, 2010

Two year-olds are hilarious

Jacob has had me doubled over in laughter a few times recently. I will just list a few examples of his funny sayings and doings, and soon I hope to have a couple videos of him to share. Sorry the first example is so long, but it was probably the funniest.
  • He found his set of flashcards we got him last summer. They are just alphabet cards with a picture to go with each letter. We hadn't worked on them for quite a while, since he had learned all the words some time ago. He had the stack in his lap and was saying "What's this one? Net. Very good! {places card down on couch} What's this one? Rocket. Very good! What's this one?..." This went on for a little, and he was being fairly quiet about it so I didn't even realize what he was doing until about the 4th card or so. (Quick side note, he has received a couple Lightning McQueen cars as potty prizes recently, but has no idea who that is except that it's the name of his car.) After he set down the card for Rocket, he picked up castle, congratulated himself on getting that right, and then picked up Q and said "What's that one? Lightning McQueen. Very good!" The picture on the Q card? A queen.
  • His new trick is to change the words to any song so he can include Rebecca's name. He thinks it is hilarious. A few examples:
  1. The wise man built his house upon Rebecca...
  2. All around the cobbler's bench the monkey chased Rebecca.
  3. Mary had a little Rebecca, little Rebecca, little Rebecca...
  4. I love to see Rebecca (guess that song!)
  • Nextly, something he does when he sees an animal outside or in a picture or something: he declares "I will eat it/him!" This is normally okay, but one time when it was almost not okay was when we were in the garden and he was digging for worms with his shovel. Yum. Tangent: don't watch the movie "How to Eat Fried Worms" when pregnant, like I did last year before I had Rebecca.
  • He pulls the long grey cord out of the back of our dishwasher and says "I got a trunk!"
  • Whenever we get his shirts on or his shoes he tells me "They are just fitting anymore."
  • We started having "school" in the mornings sometimes per his request. Today we learned all about fire trucks, and how they are different from fire engines and even built a fire station out of a diaper box so he could park his trucks in there. And I learned how to draw a dalmatian so we could tape it to the side of the box. He just kept saying something about how the fire station needed a dalmatian puppy, so I drew him one. I asked him what we should call the dog, and he proudly said "Oh! Salutations!!" So I told him we'd call the dog Sal for short.
  • Today after naptime we are making Cheerios treats and he is really excited. The picture in the Cheerios cookbook shows a dinosaur chomping on one of the treats. Jacob said, "I will eat him and some treats!" I'd prefer the treats, but I guess if he is hungry for a T-rex I can't stop him.
  • The other day I told him to tell me a story. He began and said "Once upon a time, Big Bird was taking a walk to see his friend Elmo." Another time I asked him to tell me his favorite story and he gave me the rundown of his previous nursery lesson earlier that week, "Jesus created the world for you. The birds, the turtles, the duckies, oh the sun, and moon and the stars, and bunnies, and TipTop."

5 comments:

mandy said...

two-year olds are probably the funniest people around.

tracey said...

I love this stage! I love Jacob! What a great post. The Cheerio treats sound good; I'm ready for an after school snack!

Kari Pierson said...

What a sweet boy! Too funny! Makes you greatful to be a Mom, doesn't it?

BrittWilk said...

2 year old are hilarious. makes me think how funny it would be to have 2 running around. being a mom is the best job in the whole world. and the apple pudding looks delicious.

RyanSarahN said...

What fun stories, I love them. Thanks for putting a smile on my face. You are such a great mom.