May 7, 2010

Weekend oil change giveaway!

Thanks to MyBlogSpark and Shell Lubricants I have a $35 Jiffy Lube gift card to give away. I also received one of these gift cards and won't be using it for a while since it came in the mail the same week I had the oil in our van changed. Go figure!
To be entered in this giveaway, visit MotorOilMatters.org and leave a comment on my blog with an interesting fact you gleaned from the website, and for a SECOND entry you can take the quiz found under the Fun Matters section and let me know your score in a second comment. Something I found on the site was the Pennzoil Lube Match, which recommends certain kinds of oil for your make and model of vehicle. This might be really good info if you are doing your own oil changes, but I confess that usually I just get whatever is the cheapest recommendation at the auto shop. But it is suggested on the site that consistency in oil changes and oil types will keep your engine running better, so I should probably work on that.
Winner to be chosen on Monday morning!
1. Visit the site I've linked to above and leave a comment with something you learned.
2. Leave a second comment if you took the quiz on the site and let us know how you did. \
Happy Friday!

8 comments:

BrittWilk said...

yahoo!! cool giveaway. something an accountant's wife can really appreciate. :)

i learned that i "severe" drive all the time. my poor car.

BrittWilk said...

and i only got a 57% on the quiz. oops. :)

Kevin said...

I learned that the W in the oil stands for winter

Kevin said...

And I got an 85 on the quiz, who new the average sale price of a new car was 28k that is outrageous.

Amber said...

I learned that the API service Symbol "Donut" provides you information about the oil. I had no idea!

Amber said...

And I only got42.86% :(

Amy said...

I learned that the average car on the road is 9.4 years old. Ours is only slightly older than average. Crazy!

Amy said...

I'll admit that Jeff and I took the quiz together, but we always put down what I thought was the right answer (he might have swayed some of my decisions, though :) ). I got 85.71%. Jeff would have gotten 100%. Men.