May 12, 2010

Recent happenings

Jacob hanging out on the butterfly chairs at the kids' garden near our home last week. He loves this place and we still need to take Dad with us, he keeps reminding me. "I think we will take Daddy to the kids' garden soon," he'll say. He also keeps reminding me that "We will go berry picking when there is more sunshine." I explained this to him once a while back and he hasn't forgotten it. We are often amazed at how good his memory is and how well he connects ideas and objects and places in his mind. He is talking so well these days!
Rebecca being cute and holding a book mark that she took out of my scriptures. Hello, molars!
I guess the theme here is "mouths wide open." Sorry for the blurriness. Jacob wanted to build a "taxi car" the other day, and so he got to work moving chairs around. He said he was the driver for Tiptop, which apparently means that I need to have a better imagination. (Any time I've been in a cab, the driver has been in the front.)
He later turned the taxi car into a tent with the aid of some nice blankets
and had a lot of fun in there. It is fun to see him play and get more creative as he grows up. Pardon me for writing "grows up." It makes it sound like he's 8. Phew. Still 2.5.
Here is Rebecca showing off her new dress that her Aunt Amber sent her for her birthday. For some reason this pose just keeps cracking me up. Something about the fact that I caught the end of her very quick smile in this shot and the hand on the couch. Too cute.
Please observe her red hair. I get accused of always hiding it under her pilot caps, but she still likes to eat her hearing aids. And her new talent is taking Jacob's hearing aids out to eat those. Here's hoping we don't have to dress him in pilot caps too. They are pretty cute as far as hats go, but I do like to see her hair and I don't think Jacob would like to have it on his head.
In other news, after Jeff worked many hours outside in the daylight or in the nighttime to put up a fence (and Jacob helping by digging worms and declaring "I will eat them."), we planted our garden on Monday for family home evening. We're looking forward to harvesting some good stuff in a couple months: sugar snap peas, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes (still waiting to be moved outside), zucchini, crookneck squash, green beans and a variety of flowers: giant zinnias, a mix, morning glories and Lilliput zinnias. Come July I think Jacob will be disappointed that his plans for banana trees did not work out, but we couldn't find any at Home Depot. I haven't broken the news to him yet. Any ideas?

1 comment:

rochelle said...

Your kids are so cute! I love the Jacob quotes you share too.