
We had this for dessert on Sunday while watching some kids that belong to great friends of ours, the Merkleys, who were off gallivanting around, just having their third baby at the hospital. Jacob ate it and was happy to enjoy ice cream pie - a new sort of pie to him - and I liked it and I'm not sure what Jeff thought, he can leave us a comment. It has a different sort of taste (though I feel sorry for all the coconut/banana haters out there!) and next time I might try a different kind of ice cream or mix-in to put with it. I recommend giving it a try, it was really easy to whip up. The crust is worthy of using for something else as well, so I'll have to remember that for the future. Oh, and I left out the rum of course and didn't substitute anything and thought the banana flavor in the ice cream was a hit. We shall have to eat our leftovers soon, but perhaps not too quickly!! Thanks for a great pick,
Spike!
7 comments:
We liked this one too and will definitely use the crust again. But I left out the frozen banana slices. How did they taste? Were they too hard?
This was a yummy pie. I also left out the rum. Loved the crust! Very fun dessert.
i will have to try that crust after reading all the raves on it!
i did a rewind- lenox biscotti instead! bananas/coconut are just not my thing :)
I left out the rum too. It tasted really good to me! I agree with you on the crust...you could use it for many different fillings!
Ciao ! Lovely pie !
so glad you liked it!
Your pie looks great!
Post a Comment