Dec 5, 2009

Gaffield Children's Garden


"Oh piggy!"





He looks like he's carrying quite the load of blocks here, it's cute. I think it's just one, but I love that I got the action shot of him leaning a little.

On November 14th it hit 67 degrees, perfect for enjoying something fun outdoors, so I packed the kids up and we went to the newish children's garden at the UM Botanical Gardens.  We'd been once before when it was open but not fully completed, so it was fun to go back to the "kid's garden" as we called it. Jacob met a pig statue in the middle of a moving gate maze, colored on some slate with chalk and cleaned up for the other kids to come play after him, and built with some blocks inside a little cabin.  Rebecca played in a nest, sat in a chair, chewed on some leaves, and generally looked cute as always.  We took the short hike a couple of times, and romped and played for a while. We had a superb time and look forward to going again in the spring and summer when there will be vegetables for picking.  You can see everything there is to do here at this link.  And, like many things I do with the children, the Gaffield Children's Garden is FREE.  All the more reason to go!  




"I saved you a seat."





"Good thing I'm not too far off the ground. My mom never taught me how to fly."




2 comments:

Shae said...

i love that picture with rebecca in the nest. so cute!!

Kari Pierson said...

Stace-
Your littles are so cute! I can't believe how big they're getting. Give them extra hugs from their Utah cousins (and second cousins!)