Oct 1, 2009

Your Songs: Album Review

I recently received a copy of Harry Connick, Jr.'s new album Your Songs to review, thanks to One2One Network. I have enjoyed this album for a couple reasons: it features Harry Connick, Jr. singing in his typical style of vocal jazz and accompanying his band on the piano, and it is chock-full of songs that were originally done by other artists who were great in their own right.
Imagine the following songs done in a jazz style:

  • "And I Love Her" (Beatles)
  • "Just the Way You Are" (Billy Joel)
  • "Your Song" (Elton John)

A little bit different, if you ask me, but after listening a few times, I kind of got into the groove of things and I like it a lot. If you like any of his usual tunes, you'll like the covers on Your Songs. I'm happy to recommend this - it was just released on September 22nd!

Here is the entire list of song tracks with original artists:

  • All The Way (Frank Sinatra)
  • Just The Way You Are (Billy Joel)
  • Can’t Help Falling In Love With You (Elvis Presley)
  • And I Love Her (The Beatles)
  • (They Long To Be) Close To You (The Carpenters)
  • Besame Mucho
  • The Way You Look Tonight
  • First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (Roberta Flack)
  • Your Song (Elton John)
  • Some Enchanted Evening
  • And I Love You So (Don McLean)
  • Who Can I Turn To? (Tony Bennett)
  • Smile (Charlie Chaplin)
  • Mona Lisa (Nat King Cole)
Interested in doing something similar? Join One2OneNetwork and sign up when they send you offers!

No comments: