Jul 1, 2009

Fourth of July

For the Fourth of July we spent time with several of our friends. It was fun to have a breakfast potluck, then we went over to Ypsilanti for their parade where we had a picnic lunch and then later that day we got together with some more people for a barbecue. We also kept up our yearly July 4th tradition of reading the Declaration of Independence. I am so thankful to be able to live where I do and have the freedoms that we all enjoy. In the words of Big Russ, the father of the late Tim Russert, "What a country!"
Her romper says I [heart] America. See how happy she is to live in this land?
Sorry to blind you with our white appendages.
Jacob holding the candy given to him, which I have been eating.
Jeff and the kids (they are really there) watching the Ypsi library bus go by in the parade. I thought the bus had a nice message on it.

1 comment:

Sandra Batterton said...

Oh my gosh! I didn't think she looked like her brother, but she does! Once again I say,you guys make cute babies! You should have dozens!