Nov 7, 2007
Trip to Virginia: Jacob's First Plane Ride!
On November 6th Jacob had his first experience with being inside an airport (he went to three!) and on a small CanadAir Regional Jet and a 757. He proved to be an excellent traveler, much to my delight.
Actual conversation heard when exiting plane in Virginia:
(I stand up with Jacob)
Man in row behind us says to other man in row behind us: Hey, I didn't know we had a baby in front of us!
Other man: Me neither! He was so well-behaved.
Me: Thank you!
Can you believe I took credit for Jacob's amazingness? Shameful! I suppose I was replying with what I thought he might say.
Here he is in his first airport in Salt Lake City, waiting by Gate B9 to catch a quick flight to Denver. He was pretty happy since I had just changed one of his dirtiest diapers ever. Wow.
Here we both are after having landed at Washington-Dulles. It was a long journey but we made it! I'll take him anywhere as my lap buddy, but next time we'll go when Daddy can come too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am glad that Jacob did so well on the plane!!! I remember my first trip being nervous and wondering how Lydia would do. I commend you for taking trips with layovers. I was too chicken to do that. Enjoy the ease of flying now, it gets trickier as they get older and want to run up and down the aisles! Have fun in Virginia! We miss you guys.
It appears you have a very well behaved son. From my understanding, it is usually a fathers disposition that is inhereted in the male offspring. I assume your husband is a sedate man?
Wow, you were so brave to do that! LOL sounds like you were champs- the both of you!
Post a Comment