Nov 18, 2007
Maestro Jacob!
Tonight I was witness to a most extraordinary event! Jacob was the youngest person to ever conduct the Klipp-Klapp Galopp, Opus 466, by Strauss II. He won't be two months until Tuesday, but he is so good at conducting that at some times he leads the orchestra with his fingers. He even gives some slight kicks to cue the percussion section. These are things they never taught me in MUS 135 when I learned the art of conducting, so I am thrilled for what my son can teach me. (Somewhere out there, Jeff is cringing as he remembers my textbook from a certain class, Music and the Family, which I took the semester we got engaged. The text, which I still own, is entitled Your Musical Child.)
The piece seemed much shorter during filming as opposed to post-filming viewing, so consider yourselves warned as to the length of the song. Jacob made his mom proud tonight by displaying such musical amazingness, and he asked me to share this with you:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was wondering if when he appeared mildly distressed if it was because they weren't following or he didn't like the piece, very very cute.
Post a Comment