
My mom was here this past week; she had a class reunion Saturday night in Idaho but spent the very first part of the week at my sister's house and then stayed with us on Wed/Thurs. It was a fun visit.

We even took her up to the Timpanogos Cave national monument in American Fork canyon on Thursday. If you haven't been there, it is not a long hike but it is pretty steep so my mom and my pregnant self were taking it pretty easy. She got a little lightheaded but was fine and Jeff made it back in time for class and all was well. Those caves are really fun and they haven't commercialized them near as much as Luray Caverns in VA, which we saw on our honeymoon.
On Wednesday I went up to Sandy to check out the new aquarium with my sister, her kids and my mom. It was kind of fun, a lot smaller than Baltimore's aquarium which I went to several times when I was younger (before it cost $20 a person or something outrageous), but it was so so fun to go with the kids. There was even story time in this "sunken ship" room and we went to Rainforest Rendezvous which goes on every Wednesday.

I got to pet a common boa constrictor, I thought Jeff would be proud of me. But my niece and mom showed me up by petting the snake AND a Madagascar hissing cockroach. The other two kids were sleepy and so my sister had to take them out when they were getting a bit fussy, so they'll have to go back again sometime with the passes my mom got for them. There were some pretty, colorful macaws that did all sorts of tricks. I was impressed!
I worked a few hours this week doing coding/data entry for the literacy project I've been working on since November so that was nice. Income in general is nice, I've decided, so I need to work some more this week to get this done in the next couple of weeks for my boss.
Saturday I spent the day in Logan with my older sister. We went up for my cousin's baby shower (she's due a month before me!) but ended up staying until about 8:15. It was fun to see our cousins and chat and my aunt took us all out to dinner. These three cousins (two are married) are the ones I did the most with growing up in VA since they were never more than about 40 minutes away. So it was fun to hang out and see all their houses. My cousins are good little decorators! My uncle just had both his knees replaced 2 weeks ago so we got to see him for a bit. He was reading Harry Potter to pass the time in bed but we actually saw him walk around a bit with his walker so he seemed to be doing alright.
In other news, Jeff's sister has made the move from Arlington, VA to St. Thomas, Virgin Islands.
We hope to go visit her at some point, and do some snorkeling and other fun activities that the desert doesn't afford us like the tropics would. Jeff is getting psyched for his llama adventure a week from today...so look forward to a post about that!
No comments:
Post a Comment