Dec 18, 2011

Jacob's Talk

Jacob was asked to speak in primary today. For the spiritual edification of all who read this blog, I will post the text to his talk, in its entirety, below:
"One of my favorite songs is “Scripture Power.” Part of the power we get from the scriptures is to learn about important things that happened long ago. In the scriptures we can read and learn about when Baby Jesus was born and what will happen at His Second Coming. (Picture 1) Shepherds were watching their sheep when an angel came and said, “Fear not!... For unto you is born this day...a Savior, which is Christ the Lord” (Luke 2:8-9). (Picture 2) After they heard this, they hurried to go see Jesus. When I am told to do things, I also hurry to obey. The wise men also came to see Jesus after he was born. (Picture 3) They knew about prophecies in the scriptures and had seen a sign of His birth. I think the wise men were so wise because they read the scriptures. The scriptures also teach us about what will happen when Jesus comes again. (Picture 4) We can look for signs of the Second Coming and be ready to see Him, like the shepherds and the wise men. I have a testimony of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for the scriptures and what I can learn about Jesus when I read them."
He, of course, carried out his speaking task marvelously.

2 comments:

Life Happens said...

What a sweet talk!

PRC said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.