Dec 2, 2011

Tithing and something cute to remember!

On Sunday we had tithing settlement with Bishop Harris and I very briefly taught Jacob about tithing before we went. He had some birthday money from a couple months ago that he paid tithing on and last night I realized that maybe he did catch something in the 5 minute lesson I did with him.

I tucked the kids in bed last night around 7:20 or so and then went to use the bathroom. When I came out Jacob was standing in the hallway holding two books:



I asked him why he was out of bed and he said he needed to show me something. He pointed at both pictures above and said, "Mom, they are both just paying their tithing!" :) Now, we have read several chapter books with our kids over the last couple years, but not Dear Mr. Henshaw yet - he just knows the picture on the cover of that one from his occasional pastime of reorganizing the chapter books shelf on our bookcase. He told me how the little girl was writing on the same paper he did the other day but the boy was paying his tithing on a different paper.  Love it!

1 comment:

Tess said...

That is so precious. What a perfect parenting moment. :)