Jun 29, 2010

TWD: Vanilla Cakes

These are actually called Rum-Drenched Vanilla Cakes, but I didn't make any kind of syrup or use any kind of rum, so mine are just Vanilla Cakes. This week's recipe was chosen by Wendy of Pink Stripes. You can get the recipe on her blog if you'd like to give it a try!

Just a quick post today - but these are pretty good little mini bundts. I've read other comments about how good the crumb on the cakes are, and I think I have to agree. Eating a bite of one just now, the day after I made them, it was still very delicious. I also made a small heart shaped cake that we all shared last night after a visit to our growing garden and another one in a loaf pan that I froze for later. I think I need to start keeping better track of the stuff I'm stashing in the freezer...

Next week's recipe will be Tarte Noir! I haven't even looked at it yet to be able to describe what it is, so you'll just have to check back!

5 comments:

Kimberly Johnson said...

Your cakes look lovely!

Starlie and Nate Schmutz said...

your an awesome cook, you have a lucky husband and famiy!

Jeff said...

For many more reasons than just her cooking...

Tia said...

@ jeff - AWWWWW soooo sweet!

Susan said...

Your cakes look great! Next week the Tarte Noir is a shortbread crust with a chocolate ganache. It sounds divine. :)