This bread is a little bit too chocolatey for me to be a breakfast sort of bread, but it was still pretty good. My pan makes most quick breads too crusty so I cut the crusts off and liked the moist middle much more. I put the bananas on the table for the picture just to remind myself and others that they were an ingredient, since they end up being a tad bit overpowered by the cocoa. What you can't see is that next to the plate on the other side there is a machete, a bike pump, and a ski mask. Those are not ingredients, thankfully. Next time I'll add another half of a banana and I'll make sure I have chocolate chips to put in since I had to leave those out this time.
Someone in the family loves to eat chocolate chips straight out of the bag, which means we usually have some, but it also means that we run out when I least expect it. And I won't name any names, but the chief chip-eater is neither my husband nor either of the children. Just sayin'.
I won't post the recipe here, but I will give a hint...go to Google Books, search for Dorie Greenspan Baking and go to page 46! They have about every other page of the book on there for preview, and this one happens to be just one page. I have wanted this book for so long and bid for it on ebay the other day but I lost because the auction ended while I was asleep. I didn't really want to win bad enough to wake up at 3 AM, I guess. But they have it for just 14+shipping at ecookbooks, the cheapest I've found, so I think I will go ahead and buy it so I don't have to keep waiting for my name to come up for it at the library.
Stay tuned for next week: milk chocolate mini bundt cakes!
4 comments:
Are you sure it's not Jeff stealing the chocolate chips? I have a hard time keeping Kevin out of our chip stash because I want them for baking not snacking!
mmm stace that looks so good! i'm going to have to give that one a try.
I TOTALLY eat chocolate chips from the bag - (I have no self-control, so that's the only chocolate I allow in the house other than Jason's TAKE5 bars!)
So, did you buy the cookbook yet?
Thanks for the info on where to get the book for the best price. I've wanted to pick it up after seeing the yummy things that you've baked.
Post a Comment