Mar 20, 2009

Rebecca Lea Hoopes

This morning at 5:31, Stacey and I (and Jacob, although he was asleep) welcomed the newest member of our family into the extra-uterine world. Rebecca was 8 pounds 15 ounces, was 20.25 inches, and was very quick in coming. It took about 25 minutes from the time we parked at the hospital before Rebecca was here. We are so grateful to have a healthy little daughter. Keep posted for more pictures and updates. In an act of silliness, I forgot to bring the camera cord for our camera, so all our pictures are being held hostage on the camera.

16 comments:

Jessica Fuechsel said...

Oh, my gosh!!! She is adorable!! And I love her name. Once again, I will say you guys should have a dozen because you make very cute kids!!!!

Sandra Batterton said...

Okay,that last comment was from me. Sorry for the confusion. Sandra

Jeff Boyd said...

Awesome. Good job. Congrats again.

Mindy Brown said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations!

Amy said...

Congratulations, team hoopes! Beautiful baby. Beautiful name. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful - we are so excited for you. Congratulations!!! I don't know if it is just the Hoopes genes but she looks a lot like my babies - makes me baby hungry.
Amy

Shae said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful name! I can't believe she came that fast!! I hope everything went okay...and I'm anxious to see the "hostage pictures"!! (Must have been a good day for having babies...my brother-in-laws sister had her baby yesterday, too!

Kari Pierson said...

What a doll! Congratulations Hoopes! Can't wait to see more pics...

Anonymous said...

great news! we're excited for you all. hope everything went well. we'll be down to visit as soon as we can. -brady

Michelle said...

Yay!! I am so glad she is here, and that all went well. Congratulations! We can't wait to see more pictures of sweet little Rebecca. I like her name also, it is good and strong, just like the woman she will become!

Sara said...

She's so precious! I was so surprised to receive that text message with her photo! CONGRATS!

lisa said...

Congrats! She looks a lot like Stacey, what a cutie!

BrittWilk said...

i think she has some definite similarities to her very adorable older brother. in a feminine way of course! does anyone else think so?

Diana said...

Adorable! Congratulations :)

Dan Cummings said...

Congratulations on the newest Hoopes! She looks amazing. You guys are the best parents I could think of.

elkgrandma said...

Beautiful new addition to the family, glad all went well and that Rebecca and mom are doing well. :)