Sep 10, 2008

A Noisy Addition to our Home

Question: What has four wheels, a short pedal and a sustaining pedal, little hammers, and is covered in fancy black and white fashions?
Answer:
Our Freecycle piano! Yep, it was free. It is in great shape, not too out of tune, and looks so lovely in our dining room/living room area. We are finally on the path to adulthood.
We're all becoming quite adept at playing, but since I am able to reach the keys when standing (unlike Jacob) and I am home (more than Jeff), I am a piano hog. And I love it. :)

10 comments:

Shae said...

Congrats on your new addition! :) That's awesome that you got it from Freecycle. Freecycle is one of the best things every created, I think. Anyway, have fun with it!!

Katie Houston said...

I love that kind of present! Stacey Lea McKoy Hoopes Beethoven. It's got a nice ring to it.

CORYNN AND JER said...

Hey, I do Freecycle, too. I read about it in Reader's Digest, like 3 or 4 months ago. I was just telling Jamie about it on Sunday! No one has ever offered a piano around here, though. However, I did get a really cute wooden kitchen stove and sink.

PS. How mean was it for those people in the wedding post to make little boys were LAVENDER?? Hahaha!

stacey said...

Pianos in Utah go for at least $300 if they make any kind of noise. :) hehe And as for the lavender, I didn't think it was mean, per se; the pictures with all the nieces and nephews taken by the professional photographer did turn out pretty cute with all the colors. Jacob is so pretty looking with his long eyelashes though that he looked like a little baby girl to me during some of the day. I didn't mind the color too much though since it is Jeff's brother and his new bride and we like them! :) Next baby to wear the shirt will be a baby girl, though.

Dan Cummings said...

Freecycle is one of my favorite things! Congrats on scoring a piano, they are great to have around.

Myrna said...

you are rapidly reaching adulthood, now about the real job.

Melanie said...

Woohoo! Nice piano! You sure can't beat the price...

We are glad to see that you guys are doing well! Jacob is getting so big and handsome!

E said...

How fun is that--no Mormon home is complete without one!

Mark and Cristin said...

That is so awesome that you got this off of freecycle. Mark and I have a piano waiting for us at my mom's house...now we just have to have a house that is big enough to put it in :-) congrats though!

Jeff said...

Yeah, we are so grateful to live in a spacious mansion large enough to fit this piano.