Jacob had his birthday on Saturday. I decided that birthday parties at this age are more for parents and other guests than for the baby, but he sure had fun even if it tuckered him out a little. :) We had my parents here for the weekend so it was fun for them to be able to celebrate with us & Jacob.
It is hard to believe that a year has passed in so many respects, but our little guy sure has changed a lot over the last several months, so it was really fun to celebrate and remember the excitement of his arrival on Thursday 20 September 2007. Quite an amazing day...
Saturday morning I finished making monkey cupcakes and a jungley-looking cake to go with the monkeys. It was fun to put my leaf and vine-making skills to work again as it's been a while since I took the Wilton I class. Here is the end result:
That afternoon we took a trip downtown to the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum. It was a lot of fun and I'm excited to go back with the year pass my parents helped us get. They even have a 4 and under Preschoolers Exhibit so that looks like it will be a fun place to hang out, particularly in the winter months, I am told. Jacob enjoyed several different parts of the museum and it will be great to see him discover more when we go back.

We got home from the museum, fed Jacob some dinner and then he began the festivities in an excellent way: by making a mess! I think he ate a little bit but most of it ended up on the table and his high chair and on his appendages!
He was not so interested in all the presents at first but did like the box that some shirts came in. He has certainly warmed up to the new toys and books since we opened them, though, and loves to scoot around and cruise while holding his new things.
16 comments:
Yay! Happy 1st Birthday Jacob (Shacob!)!! Great videos and picture, Stace! Especially the picture of Dad and Jacob playing with the train. However, Dad and Jacob are not the best part of that picture. It would be Jeff, sitting at a station in the background. I don't know why but I cracked up when I saw that. I'm glad you all had a lot of fun!
Yeah for Jacob's 1st birthday. I love the monkey theme. For Matyas' birthday we are going to put a banana on the cake to entice him to eat it (he is nut about banana's). I think he will also be a monkey for Halloween because it he could he would only eat bananas.
Have fun in the great MI!
Nola, that's fun that Matyas loves his bananas. Jacob loves bananas as well. He eats them so fast I am always worried he'll choke. I've never seen a baby shovel food in its mouth that quickly; it's amazing. :) We are loving it here. Come visit your family and I'll come see you!!
I can't believe he's already one! Time flies so fast! Your cupcakes turned out so cute! I made those exact ones for Micah's 2nd birthday, but mine didn't turn out as cute! lol You gotta love that 1st birthday with all of the fun festivities that they just don't know what to do with!!
Happy first birthday Jacob! In the words of my Pediatric EMS teacher, you are no longer an infant, but a child as far as medical personnel are concerned... Sorry to talk shop, but hey, that's all I have right now. Congrats!
I'm so glad you posted this! It lessens the blow of not being right there to celebrate with you. How precious is he! I wish we had videos of my first birthday!
Happy Birthday, Sweet Boy!!!! I love and miss you!!!
Yay! Happy Birthday, Jacob! Stacy, I am so impressed with your cake and cupcake decorating. It looks so cute!
I am surprised he is one already. I still remember a few days after he was born when I was with (my) Jeff in the carrels and your Jeff was getting ready to leave, singing "I'm so glad when Daddy comes home" Ha ha! So cute!
Wow! Jacob has so much hair. He demolished that cake better than any other 1 year old I've seen. Evelyn only poked her finger in the cake like twice. She did enjoyed her piece when we put it in front of her though.
How are you liking your new home? Adjusting? How about Jacob, how has he adjusted?
~Trina
Stace, he is so adorable!
1st - happy happy birthday jacob, dear! happy days will come to you all year. if i had a wish that wish would be a happy happy birthday to you from me!!
2nd - can you overnight me some berries? yum.
Happy Birthday to Jacob!!! He looks like such a darling little boy Stacey! The cake looked awesome too!
oh stacey he is so cute!! Hurrah for being 1 year old!! It looked like the party was a blast, I watched your little video. I can't believe how fast time goes by!
Sorry this is late, but Happy Birthday Jacob!! It looks like you had a great day. And I totally agree that the party is for the parents. But oh so much fun!! We miss you guys!
Hoops,
This is Jesse Gulbrandsen from freshman year, I need to talk to you about something please email me at elderguly@yahoo.com or call me at 801-358-6798 when you have a chance
Hoops,
This is Jesse Gulbrandsen from freshman year, I need to talk to you about something please email me at elderguly@yahoo.com or call me at 801-358-6798 when you have a chance
Post a Comment