All in all, we had an amazing time together seeing the park and relaxing together. It was pleasant to celebrate three years of marriage to my best friend with my best friend. It was a good time.
Jul 20, 2008
Anniversary Trip
So, for our anniversary, Stacey and I went on a trip. It had been a secret where we were going for the last month, and Stacey was anxious to see where we were going. I made her wear this blindfold as we drove there, at least for about the first 45 minutes of the trip.
So, we went to southern Utah, to stay at the cabin of one of the professors I work with. The cabin was amazing, but more on that later. The largest attraction near the cabin is Capitol Reef National Park, about 20 minutes away.
In the park, we did a lot of stuff. Here we are at the Hickman bridge, a natural bridge we hiked to.
Here is Stacey in the Grand Wash. It was pretty cool, like walking in an Indiana Jones screen set.
In Bicknell, UT, at the Sunglow restaurant, they serve a pickle pie. It is famous (or, so the sign said on the door). So, we tried it. It was alright.
So, the cabin we stayed at was amazing. It has many room, and a very many lot of beds. I have been in several people's second homes, and many of them focus on how wealthy the people are, and making the homes as flashy as possible. Not this cabin. It was very nice and pleasantly decorated, but not with the glitz and showy-off-ness that I have seen in other second homes. It was obvious that its main goal was to be able to bring a very large family together to have a good time. For example, it probably had 30 beds in it and many cribs. It was amazing. It was a very peaceful place in a very beautiful area. We enjoyed our stay there very, very much.
Here is Stacey in front of the cabin.
So, outside the cabin was an appealing feature. A bell. Here I am demonstrating the bell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks again for a great trip, Jeff! It was a lot of fun, for sure.
Just one thing...
You forgot to add the video of me clearly getting tired of hearing you sing the same Martina McBride song over and over again with the wrong words. It's especially funny b/c I have the blindfold on...
Looks like you had fun. I don't know if I could go for pickle pie though...even being pregnant! lol
I am glad that you took the time amid all the stress right now to take this trip with each other. Great choice. Love the new picture on the site opener.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! love you all! cheers to 3!
Post a Comment