Dec 9, 2007

Betty Lou McKoy

A couple years back when I was in VA for the summer, I had an idea. I wanted to take a video of Stacey's grandma telling her conversion story. She and her husband were baptized a little bit before Stacey's dad was 8. I have heard the story, but I wanted to get it on video. So, I kept on trying to prompt her to tell the story, but, Betty had other ideas. She told me many different stories about all sorts of things, from talking about her glass eye and hearing aids, to missionaries on her mission who had been run over by trains, to when Mt. St. Helen exploded or about her distaste for ketchup. She was a gem. I finally got a little bit of the story. However, I am posting here some conversion we had about Betty's hearing aids and glass eye. It started when, during my interviewing her hearing aids started to make a noise, so I inquired what was going on. Here is she, Grandma McKoy:

7 comments:

Mark and Cristin said...

This is classic Grandma...thanks for posting this, I wish I had video taped her so I had some of her to share with my kids :-( She was a funny lady.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff, it was great to hear this. She really was a gem. She was certainly her own person, wasn't she.
Our kids used to die when she took her eye out!!! That's my dear Mom, I will miss her so much. Karen

Anonymous said...

I love that Stacey is trying not to laugh!!!

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious. Thanks for telling me about this. She will be greatly missed. We love you, Grandma!

Mindy Brown said...

Classi Grandma! She could never tell just one story at a time! I remember he asking me if her eye was on straight one morning I did not know that she had one and it scared me to death! and yes, it was crooked!

Mindy Brown said...

Please post more videos if you have them!

Kari Pierson said...

Funny stuff! Great job keeping a semi-straight face Stacey! Grandma will be missed. Did you happen to get any of her tongue twisters recorded?