May 1, 2014

Easter 2014

This year we finally dyed Easter eggs after bath time the Saturday before Easter. That was cutting it a bit close! Egg dyeing is a tradition Jeff and I both grew up with and we like doing it with our kids as well. An egg is symbolic of the Resurrection of the Savior: though His body was placed in a tomb, He was able to rise again.  Eggs have a hard outer shell but from them can spring new life (not ours, but we did enjoy some egg salad). How grateful we are for the Atonement and Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Because of Him, these four smiling children (and their dad) can be with me forever. We are so blessed!  We failed to take formal pictures this year but the choir I lead sounded great in Church on Easter and we had the sister missionaries join us for dinner that night and it was a wonderful day.

I recently reread this excerpt I posted five years ago and I still love it: http://teamhoopes.blogspot.com/2009/04/easter-thoughts.html





She does this face and it always makes me laugh. Glad Jeff got a picture of it :)  



No comments: