Sep 9, 2013

12 months = 1 year!

I have several updates I should post here but first I thought I'd write a little about Sarah. She's a remarkably happy baby, sleeps a lot, eats just about anything (including hot banana peppers) and we just love her!  She had her first birthday on August 17th a few weeks ago and we had a little celebration in her honor.

In the morning we went to the Columbus Zoo for the first time since we moved here and had a nice time. Sarah's cake was a chocolate/white mix inside (zebra cake) so I enlisted the older two kids to help me decorate Sarah's Zoo with a carousel and a pathway to some animals in a cage. Rebecca was pretty concerned that Sarah would be allowed to have so much sugar since she'd not really had any before her birthday.


One of Sarah's favorite places to stand up is in front of the oven. She'll bang on her reflection and say, "Hi!" to the baby in there (: and then open and close the drawer of cookie sheets below the oven. 

Eating some cake!  

Getting a little bit messy now but still not too much destruction going on!  




All that frosting (and maybe a little bit of cake) makes a baby pretty thirsty.

MAH06629 from J Lamro on Vimeo.

Happy first birthday, Sarah!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the cake! Sarah seems to love it, too--although I do have the same concern as Rebecca does: is that much sugar OK for her?

Rebecca Hoopes said...

I don't quite remember that I said it was too much sugar, but the video was cute!