Sep 12, 2013

Rebeccaisms

Rebecca and I have been enjoying lots of one-on-one time during Sarah's naps in the morning while Jacob is at school all day. I knew she was fun and imaginative but it really has been a great blessing to spend time with her.  We like to bake things, practice writing, read lots of books, play and color. This week she's said a few things that I thought were pretty cute that are all similar (but they were kind of said unexpectedly, without any prodding from me) and a couple weeks ago she made a point that was also pretty funny. She'll be 4.5 next week and is pretty wonderful.

1. Mom! There are two kinds of bats! (looking at a picture of a baseball bat and reading me the letters) The kind they use for baseball and the kind that flies around!

2. There are two kinds of trip!  The one where you fall down on your knees and the other one where you are gone for a really long time!

3. Yesterday Jacob had to practice printing P and p so naturally Rebecca was doing so as well. Today she was talking about that and said there are two kinds of P. (I braced myself for this one, by the way.)  "The kind of P that is a letter and the kind of pea that you eat!"  :)

4. Today in the car she was making up a song about sea turtles and then she stopped abruptly to tell me something. "Mommy, there are two kinds of sea!  The kind of seeing you do with your eyes, and the other kind that is like sea turtles."

5. Rebecca was lamenting about not being able to use something of Jacob's because he didn't want to share or something and then she stopped being upset and her face lit up as she said, "Jacob! Jacob! I can use it while you are at school, and you can use it on holidays and Saturdays when you are home!"

It is rough having your big brother gone all day, and she tells me often that she wishes Jacob could be home more, but that she is excited to go to school with him next year.

Before the haircut (her third one)

And...after the hair cut!  She was so excited when the stylist offered to braid her hair.

Practicing writing her name!  You can also see Jacob's "[Hey I hope that you are having fun]" on there also 

"Please take a picture of me with this rock!"

Sunday night Rebecca drew her first person with a body. She was so excited: "Mommy!  I drew the arms not coming out of the head! Come see, come see!"  



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is only one kind of Rebecca, though--the sweet, lovely young lady!

Camber said...

She is so adorable! I am seriously so impressed that she could make those connections so young. She must have inherited her parents' smarts :)