Thanks to One2One Network I received a copy of Chris Mann's new album
Roads to preview. I wasn't familiar with his music before. Apparently he made a big impression on some show I'd not heard of called The Voice (and maybe that tells you how much of a box I live in, ha!). Despite not having heard of him before, it's been fun this week to listen to some songs of other artists that he's covered on this album.
Trained as a classical artist, he's kind of bridging the divide between classical and popular music like so many others who have gone before him. Tracks like "I Need You Now" and "Always on My Mind" have a decidedly more orchestral feel to them than the originals. I think my favorites are the title track "Roads" and his cover of Coldplay's "Viva La Vida."
Here is the chorus from "Roads:"
Some are long and some are weathered
Some will lead you through a storm
When you've gone astray you will find your way
As you walk along these roads
If you have an iTunes or Amazon gift card lying around collecting dust, give
Chris Mann a listen if you're a fan of classical crossover-type artists!
No comments:
Post a Comment