Nov 1, 2011

Halloween!






We had a great Halloween this year. Rebecca wore a costume my mom made back in the day, a vintage 1980s Strawberry Shortcake get-up. My sister wore it, I wore it and two of my sister's three girls have worn it. Rebecca got second place in our ward's Halloween costume contest at the church last week, too! Jacob wore a dinosaur costume that his aunt made for him to match his cousin Peter. It got some rave reviews whenever people noticed the tail as he walked by. I had thought we had a pretty successful Halloween until last night when Jacob reminded me that we never made Halloween cookies (I had talked about it earlier in the day how we hadn't used the new Halloween sprinkles we bought a couple weeks ago) and we needed to make them right now. This was at almost 9:30 when he still wasn't asleep yet.  I'm hoping I'll remember to make them next year, we'll see!   

The kids would describe our pumpkins as follows:

  • Pig-a-let
  • Kermitty Frog (Jacob knows him from Sesame Street where Kermit is doing news reports and says "Hi Ho there, Kermit the(e) Frog here..." and he is sure that it is said Kermitty. I love it!) 
  • the one Daddy drilled holes in for Mommy



4 comments:

Michelle said...

So cute!! I love both costumes. :)

Brooke Romney said...

Your pumpkins were so awesome!

Camber said...

Please tell me you photo-shopped those pumpkins! They are amazing. Also, LOVE the costumes! Your kids are so cute.

Mark and Brittany said...

So cute Stace!!!! Love the vintage strawberry shortcake costume! Jules wore my old snow white costume, made by my mom back in the day. Your kids are adorable, can't wait to see you in a week and a half!