Jan 12, 2011

Enter now! The Twelve Hour Kix Giveaway! *Updated with winner*

And the winner is...Katja! I'll email you right now to get your address. Sorry for the delay in posting the winner! Thanks for all the great ideas. I'll let you know what changes we make to breakfast time.

I loved eating Kix when I was a little girl, and I still like the cereal now! My kids are not picky at all, but it still makes me happy that I can share this cereal with them that I've loved for so long.

Recently our family received a fun package courtesy of General Mills and MyBlogSpark. In it was a box of Kix, a box of Honey Kix, counting flashcards for the kids, a snack cup, a straw cup, and a giant animal counting puzzle. The cereal is long gone but we are still enjoying the other goodies. How would you like to win the same Kid-Tested, Mother-Approved prize pack? Just leave a comment before 12 Noon Eastern Time on Wednesday, Jan. 12, answering the following question. Please be sure to leave a way for me to contact you to speed things along!

What are some things you do during your busy morning routine to still make it a fun family time? If you are just eating by yourself in the morning, do you have any special routine you follow? This is something I'd actually like some advice on. Some mornings are slower than others with just a toddler and a pre-schooler in our house (no school bus to catch or anything like that!) but I could use some good ideas on something to do during breakfast besides just eat! I usually do picture time with the kids before naptime where we look at a picture and discuss a scripture together - maybe that would be better done in the morning!

I'm excited to choose the random winner of this prize pack tomorrow at noon - it was loads of fun to have the "Man from the Puppy Truck" bring it to us! (That's FedEx in case you don't understand Jacob's lingo!) Thanks again to Kix and MyBlogSpark for sponsoring a great giveaway!

11 comments:

Shae said...

We don't do anything spectacular for breakfast most morning...just cold cereal. :) I will usually have one of the kids set the table for us...but of course, they all end up wanting to help, so one will set the bowls, while one will set the cups, and the other will set the spoons. (They are 5, 3, and 2...so they are still *mostly* enthusiastic about helping around the house!) hehe

RyanSarahN said...

Hey Stace! How are you doing? I sometimes like to turn on Pandora, toddler radio station for Cora while she eats - but lately she'll stop eating and get up and dance when I do that so I haven't been doing it as much while she eats. Usually sometime during the day though, we'll turn it on.

Katja said...

Most of the time it is just Mark and I since Talita eats breakfast in pre-school and Dan leaves for work early. Those days are the ones where we just have bread or oatmeal. On other days when we are all home together I sometimes try to make muffins or waffles or something special like that. I think it is already enough joy for our kids when we all get to be together for breakfast, I don't really need to make it more exciting for them. :)

Katja said...

Oops, I forgot to tell you how to contact me. :) rottenmilkatja@gmail.com

Jeff said...

I wake up, eat breakfast, and leave in the morning, most often when it is still dark. Sometimes I whistle to myself as I toast my bread. That is pretty fun.

Judy said...

Every morning my youngest wakes up and I carry him downstairs where we cuddle on the couch until he decides he's ready to eat. There's nothing like cuddles from a little one to start your day right.

judywhatilivefor at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

Every morning my youngest wakes up and I carry him downstairs where we cuddle on the couch until he decides he's ready to eat. There's nothing like cuddles from a little one to start your day right.

judywhatilivefor at gmail dot com

Erin Burch said...

I have the kids sit in their chairs and I give them some snack-cereal to eat while I read to them from the scriptures. Not sure how much they get from it...only do a couple verses, but at least they aren't running around. :) Then I get them a "real breakfast." Tyler prefers to listen to a general conference talk during breakfast. Hope you guys are doing good! Your kids are SOOO cute!

Anonymous said...

Morning time is definitly family time!!!! Up and at 'em, feed the dog, feed the cat, feed the chickens, family prayer, family breakfast. The kids feed the indoor animals, dad feeds the outdoor animals, and mom feeds everyone else. cold or hot Cereal, or pancakes, toast or fruit, or chicken eggs are the favorites for breakfast. By involving the kids in chores and feeding of the animals, they learn responsibility, and they learn that we need to work together to be together. Loves, you know how to reach me....~Jamie

mandy said...

To make the morning faster I cook both my kids oatmeal at the same time in the microwave and then put applesauce on it to cool it off faster and taste better!

mandydow at gmail

Michelle said...

Bummer I missed this!! We need to be better at this. We usually just frantically get ready for whatever we need to do, or are really lazy. I want to try and sit together, but it doesn't always work (and that is usually my fault). I like the ideas that have them reading together and what not. You'll have to tell us what you do! :)