Dec 5, 2010

Messiah

I remember when my two children were born.  As I would look at them and hold them in my arms, I had many, many thoughts and feelings.  But, one of these thoughts was an utter sense of amazement than I could be part of creating something so amazing.  This was a little person--with working eyes, ears, hands, feet--all the body parts, my kids had them!  It was just amazing to think that Stacey and I could have done that.  Well, I recently attended the performance of Handel's Messiah by the Grammy Award winning UMS Choral Union, and had a similar sense of amazedness--as a Choral Union member, Stacey was part of creating the amazing, rich, powerful, and inspiring sounds I heard from the stage.  She helped build this sound and experience that was so amazing.  Stacey.  Wow.

So, Saturday night was the first performance and Handel (this year) by the Choral Union.  It was the culmination of a lot of hard work and determination by Stacey.  First, she decided she was going to try out for the choir.  She went to the try outs, and was a bit unnerved.  Many who try out do not get a position, and she feared she would be among them.  But, she was not.  She made the team, and, so, the practicing began.  For the last many months Stacey as been practicing every week, and this last week, she has had several practices.  It has been a lot of hard work, a lot of focus, and a lot of singing, but, it paid off.  The music was amazing.










Here is the choir, symphony, and soloists on stage at the Hill Auditorium, Ann Arbor's premier concert venue.  I was seated on the second balcony, and the sound was amazing.  The Hill Auditorium was fashioned after the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, so its acoustics are very amazing.


Here is Stacey with her sister, who came all the way from the commonwealth of Virginia for the performance. 

Here is Stacey with me, and with my brother and sister-in-law, who came up from Ohio for the performance.



.
Here is a short video of clapping after the whole thing was over. It took several minutes for the clapping to end.

Hopefully my posting this brief post will not discourage Stacey from posting something herself, so we can hear what the starlet has to say about her first big show.

1 comment:

Becci and Josh said...

Stacey, hey I need your phone number. I facebooked you, but don't know if you have gotten it. I am making a book for Grandma and Grandpa for Christmas with letters from all their grandkids and spouses. So if you and JEff could email me a letter that would be great! josh.becci@hotmail.com