Jun 7, 2010

TWD: Tender Shortcakes

This week Cathy of The Tortefeasor picked Dorie's recipe for Tender Shortcakes. I baked half of mine and froze the rest and while the flavor was pretty good I probably overbaked them by just a bit so I'll have to watch that when I bake the rest. And my whipped cream had been sitting while we ate dinner so it looks pretty runny in the picture. But it tasted good! These shortcakes were really easy to make and since I'm a huge fan of strawberry shortcake, I may just make these again! Thanks to Cathy for a great choice this week!

6 comments:

Cindy said...

I too will make this again. I put some in the freezer, I think I will top them with blueberries.

Kimberly Johnson said...

Your biscuits look fantastic! I'll be making these again too!

Jacque said...

Mmmm, those look delish... melted cream and all!

Mary said...

They look great! I can't wait to make them again too!

Flourchild said...

They look great! Im glad you enjoyed them. I loved that they were so simple to make too!

Cathy said...

I'm glad you enjoyed these! And how great to still have some in the freezer. I baked all of mine straight from the freezer and found that they were perfectly baked at 18 minutes (they actually might have been okay after 16-17 minutes, to be honest with you!). To bake them straight from frozen, Dorie says to add 5 minutes to the 15-18 minute baking time for non-frozen shortcakes, so really, I think the baking times stated in the recipe might be on the long side. Hope you enjoy these again next time you make them. And thank you for baking along with me this week!