Nov 1, 2009

Halloween 2009

The kids kept themselves quite busy this year with a variety of Halloween events.

On Friday morning we carved our pumpkins. Jeff did the monkey and I did the spider. Jacob fondly refers to Jack-o-lanterns as "Jack" or "pumpin...light!"
Jacob helped by not getting in the way too much while we did our carving. Notice my festive clothing and Jacob's festive cup.

After I threw away the pumpkin guts we got all ready to head downtown for the Main Street trick or treating event, a big hit last year. The kids wore their new matching Halloween shirts I found for $2.50 a piece. Jacob is also showing off a couple pieces of pumpkin rind (really the monkey's tail) that Jeff had given him earlier in the morning.

Here's Jacob all ready to head out to Main Street and raid the quaint shops in search of candy! He loved wearing his boots, a couple sizes too big right now, but we'll pull them back out when the snow comes.

And here is little Rebecca, the most tired spider I ever met, after just 45 minutes of traipsing up and down Main Street. Friday night one of the dorms on campus hosted a Spookfest for kids, so since Jeff was still hard at work in his office I ventured out again and took the kids to the party. Here is Jacob the Fireman with our friend River the Mouse. The party was really fun and they had all sorts of activities. Jacob got to play pin the nose on the pumpkin and thought it was great. Rebecca just hung out and looked cute, just like a 7 month old spider should. Tonight we went out on the town (okay, across the parking lot) to join in on the costume parade around the complex and then the trick-or-treating began. Jacob was so excited to see someone in an Elmo costume and any time they turned a corner ahead of us he would get all concerned so I had to push the stroller pretty fast up some hills tonight. Jacob loves to say Trick or Treat and at almost every house he would stick his hand back out and say "For Becca." I guess he doesn't know that really means "For Mom and Dad." Here are the kids after a fun night of parading and treat-getting.

And Rebecca wanted to show off her clapping skills in this picture. She looks unhappy, but she was in the middle of a giggle when I snapped it!
And here is Jacob a few days ago explaining all about his Halloween plans. He watched this about a dozen times after I took it, repeating everything.

10 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

Very cute! Jacob is getting so big! Rebecca is a sweet bright-eyed spider. Very fun. Love the videos. See you in a few days!
Love Mom and Dad

Thompson Family said...

A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!!!
you're kids are soooo CUTE!

Shae said...

so cute! i love rebecca's little spider costume!!

Tess said...

The costumes are very cute. Jacob's at a fun age to participate, too. And your pumpkins turned out great!

Nikki and Devin said...

He's so cute! I wish we could see more of your sweet little family!

Mark and Cristin said...

so funny that both Owen and Rebecca both wanted to be spiders for Halloween this year! :-) Great minds think alike.

Janel said...

Your such a cute Mom, Stacey! I am so impressed with all the activities you took your kids to do. Looks like you had a great Halloween.

Sandra Batterton said...

Cute kids!!!!

Barb: said...

Cute Halloween costumes! Rebecca is adorable. You can totally see the family resemblence. How did your Primary Program go?

rochelle said...

CUTE kids and costumes! So adorable!