Just wanted to reiterate what I said last year. Today I am thankful for those who have served this great nation I am blessed to call home. Read last year's post for some of my insights.
And I'll just add a little bit to emphasize something I've been thinking about lately: I do not think my generation, as a whole, has learned what it means to sacrifice. We feel entitled to just about everything and do as little as possible to get everything we want (which, for many, has become what they "need"). Everyone needs to take a lesson from those who have gone before and those who are now serving, and be grateful for all that we do have and maybe slow down a little and stop asking for unnecessary more. More from the government, in particular. But I will say we need more of something that comes from within, not without. No matter our political persuasion, current social or economic status, I think we can all exercise a little more gratitude on this day and every day.
Thanks to our two grandpas and all those of whom you may be thinking on this day. God bless America!
1 comment:
Nicely said Stacey...I thought about my Dad a lot today and am very grateful for his sacrifice to give us the freedom that we have today. You are right, we don't appreciate today what it has taken for us to be so blessed, thanks for the reminder. I love you.
Dad
Post a Comment