If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly.It reminded me of another quote that I like, from President McKay:
[The] ability and willingness properly to rear children, the gift to love, and eagerness … to express it in soul development, make motherhood the noblest office or calling in the world. She who can paint a masterpiece or write a book that will influence millions deserves the admiration and the plaudits of mankind; but she who rears successfully a family of healthy, beautiful sons and daughters, whose influence will be felt through generations to come, … deserves the highest honor that man can give, and the choicest blessings of God (Gospel Ideals [1954], 453–54).
3 comments:
Thanks for posting this...I needed to hear (or read) that today.
Good thought! I always need reminders like that. Especially after a few days like these last few days when Evelyn is just plain sick and tired of being couped up indoors all the time.
I think this is why I pick my kids up after their asleep at night and just hug and snuggle them. I just think, they are so very sweet and they are growing too fast! Our baby will be 1 at the end of March. Too soon.
Thanks for the wonderful posting Stacey...This is exactly why I love reading your posts. They're always so uplifting to me!
A friend of mine and his wife passed two months ago today and left two beautiful children here. At their service it was mentioned numerous times how much they loved their kids and how they made every minute count while they were here with them. Love every minute- you never know what tomorrow will bring.
Post a Comment