Jeff: spent lots of time reading papers for class and presentations and research, rode his bike to school a few times this week (admirable given the chilly morning/evening temperatures and wind chill), tried out his new iPod shuffle and appreciates that it is not as bulky as the iPod he usually totes to listen to all those books he posts about. He also has the exciting newly-given assignment to set up chairs in the overflow area of the chapel at church before our 9 AM Sunday meetings. Last week it took him about 17 minutes by himself. I think after a few weeks he'll have it down to under 5 minutes. He's that amazing, folks.
Jacob: mastered the Discovery Toys pegboard at the audiologist's office on Thursday, can usually answer correctly when asked "Where is Baby Sister?" by pointing at my (huge) belly, consistently makes a sound for what a cow says as of today, he smiled a lot this week, he took extra and unexpected naps a couple times, and did a lot of dancing with me to some songs on some CDs of children's songs I got for Christmas. We learned that he thinks waltzes like "Did You Ever See a Lassie?" are very, very funny. Probably because his mommy is a dancing maniac.
Stacey: I spent a couple days feeling ill this week and think I got some stomach bug that came and went a couple times. In my desire to follow the good example of my friend Brit from my freshman year at BYU, however, I did manage to prepare many things for the freezer that will come in handy after the baby gets here in a few weeks. I didn't prepare quite as much as Brit did last summer, but I'll look forward to having some of these things:
- around 90 Italian meatballs
- chicken stir fry
- chicken/broccoli casserole
- lasagna
- 2 batches of hamburger pie
- tacos
- pork loin cut into roasts and 'chops' for easy crock pot or stovetop cooking
- cooked several more pounds of ground beef to have on hand
I also worked on my master's project for what I hope will be the final time. It is time to be done. That is all I will say about that.
5 comments:
that was the cutest post ever. i loved it! i loved hearing what you guys did this week. i'm doing one on my blog right now!
on a side note, i really can't believe you're due so soon. crazy! i can't wait to see her!
Wow. You sound BUSY! I'll have to keep that freezer meal idea on file for the future...because one never knows. :)
I love freezer meals!! It is so nice to be able to have a good meal when you are busy and don't really have time for all the prep work. It looks like you guys are going to have some yummy meals once this little girl gets here. I love reading all of your posts and hearing about your family. Jacob is getting so big and I can't believe your due date is almost here! (which also means that Claire is almost one! Ack! Where does the time go!) Anyhow, I look forward to seeing pictures of your cutie once she gets here!
I always have a full freezer with no more room. I love making extra and freezing it, just for my lazy or busy days. How cold has your winter been so far? How's Jeff's second semester. Scott it much worse that his first. We love it when we get to see him, even if it's not often or for long.
must have been a busy month. hope you guys are well.
-brady
Post a Comment