May 6, 2012

Easter then and now!

You know it's been a long time since you last blogged when the Post Editor changes a lot :)

Just wanted to post a couple pictures from Easter in 2011 and 2012 to see how the kids have changed.  And I guess I've changed a bit also since I have a little bit of a baby bump in this year's pictures, but you can't really tell from a front angle shot.  

For starters, we can see that I had no idea what to do with Rebecca's hair a year ago. It was in this funny baby-mullet stage still.

Dyeing eggs is so fascinating!  

Rebecca looks at the camera, Jacob looks at Rebecca's spoils...

Getting ready for this year's Ward Easter egg hunt. Dandelion picking was first on the agenda, and looking at the camera apparently was not!  

Both kids have grown and changed a lot this year!


And one obvious change is that for our family picture in 2012...

...we had someone else to take the picture for us instead of relying on the camera timer!  And look at that, Jeff wore the same suit and tie!  (I promise he wasn't wearing it for a whole year!) Glad to have everyone's head in the picture this year!

This year, it was fun to have both kids understanding that we're celebrating the Savior's resurrection at Eastertime. Rebecca has given us this lesson for Family Home Evening several times now, using paper cutouts from nursery. We let them hunt for their baskets Saturday morning this year just to give that a try and it worked pretty well.  We even got to stay in bed for about 30 more minutes while they kept coming back upstairs to get another clue. 

1 comment:

Camber said...

Soooo....does that mean you're pregnant? If so, congrats! Also, Rebecca's hair looks amazing this year, and so does your family picture :)