Just a few funnies so I don't forget them!
1. All during dinner Jacob kept saying he wanted to give the Family Home Evening lesson. Here's how it went when the time came:
Jesus was just a baby, but then he growed up to be a man. Then he wanted to get baptized. (Do you know who baptized him? I asked.) Yes, it was just John the Baptism. (What did Jesus say to John?) He said he needed to be baptized. (Jesus is a good example, isn't He?) I think we should just obey Him.
2. During dinner we were talking about the songs Jacob has been learning in Primary. I asked him if he remembered this one from February and then I began to sing:
Mom: "My life is a...(while I begin, I look over to Jacob, expecting him to continue the phrase)
Rebecca: GIFT!
Mom: Hey! You've been keeping secrets - you know the song too? That's great!
Rebecca: "Um, yeth"
Mom: (back to the song, with Jacob helping here and there now) My life has a plan, my life has a purpose in heav'n in began, my
Rebecca: CHOICE
I am excited to see what other songs she's been keeping tucked away in her subconscious...
3. Last night I sang "Tender Shepherd" for the kids (from the stage version of Peter Pan, if you haven't seen it you are seriously missing out. Check out the Cathy Rigby version from the library, or Mary Martin if they have it, she is great also). I think if we give it a couple more nights Jacob and I will be able to sing it in a round, which will be very fun. After he began to try singing the song with me last night he said at some point: "Mom, are the shepherds just really quiet when the sheep are asleep?" Yes, yes they are!
4. A couple weeks ago a tree fell down (thanks to whoever posted pics, it has provided hours of entertainment for my son) onto the LDS institute building on the UMich campus. Jacob saw the boarded up windows on the building last week and has been very, VERY concerned about when it will get fixed. Asking about it multiple times per day and in some cases, per hour, sort of concerned. Jeff told him he should call the Institute director (since we know him). I should have him do that shortly since the questions and concern keep increasing, it seems.
On Sunday he asked me to drive behind our church building before we left the parking lot. I obliged, having nothing better to do before going home, and he showed me a tree he saw when his Sunbeam class went outside. It is a tiny thing but leaning a little. He said "I think that it will just fall and break some church windows. I told my teachers about it during class today. Why did that other tree fall on the Institute building, Mom? See this one is just leaning too?" Last night and today we went on a couple short walks around the neighborhood and he has been pointing out the trees that are "just leaning a little funny. See, Mom?" All the trees by the city pool parking lot were "leaning a little funny" today as well. So now the questions are all about why the tree fell over and making sure other ones don't fall over and was it sick and how come no one took care of it and why didn't someone catch it and will they plant another one there that isn't sick. I might need to brush up on my dendrology (yep, had to look it up), or call the girl I visit teach (since she studied agribusiness at BYU) and then hand the phone to Jacob...
1 comment:
Classic. You guys make me smile. :)
Post a Comment