Jun 30, 2009

Rebecca's Blessing Day

On Father's Day we were lucky enough to have both my parents and Jeff's parents in town visiting, so they were all able to be here for Rebecca's blessing at church that day. Here are a few pictures. Since she's a pretty big baby I was worried that the dress I (and my 2 sisters and my sister's 3 girls) wore as a baby might not fit her, but in the end it was just perfect. She even got to chew on some lace which apparenty was delicious. Jeff gave a beautiful blessing and it was neat, I thought, that it was on Father's Day that he got to exercise his Priesthood in this way. He really is such a wonderful dad to our two kids, I don't think I could say that enough.
This is one of the last ones we took. I guess she was pretty tuckered out.
Dad's eyes are open! Hooray! :) Rebecca looks like me, I look like my mom, my mom looks like her mom...I'll have to post pictures of all 4 of us so you can see these resemblances even more!
Can you see that red hair?? Love it!
I wish I could better describe how sweet Jacob is to his sister. I love how excited he gets when he comes downstairs in the morning and sees her, or how he waves goodbye to her on his way back upstairs for a nap, or how he runs to comfort her when she starts crying. Look for a future blog post dedicated to this brother-sister bond.

8 comments:

Tracey and Steve said...

What a joy it was to be with everyone on Rebecca's special day! She is a bright-eyed little girl! Yes, we're glad Grandpa McKoy's eyes are opened in at least one picture! You're right; Jacob is very attentive to Rebecca; she will always be warm and comforted and protected with him around! Beautiful Day! Beautiful children. Love you.

Kari Pierson said...

What a sweet little family. You are so blessed to have both sets of parents there for your special event.

Trina said...

Love her smile. Jacob has an amazingly contagious little smile. Great work on you adorable kiddos.

Michelle said...

How sweet!! I love that she was able to fit into the dress. I can't believe that she has red hair. How fun! It is wonderful that Jacob is so attentive and loving to his sister. What a sweet family you have. Thanks for sharing Rebecca's special day!

Tess said...

I love these pictures! I wish we could've been there. I love little Jacob's big grins! And he is already such a good older brother.

elkgrandma said...

Stacey, I'm so glad you got to have both sets of Grandparents there for the blessing. I am looking forward to seeing your mom and dad tomorrow in Pocatello. It was good to talk to you yesterday too.

RyanSarahN said...

So beautiful Stace! All of you. Congratulations.

Trina said...

Congrats on your 4 year and two kid mark. You barley made it! But, don't worry, you're still cool like us! Congrats!